CHOC Energy vans

Energy Savings Assistance Program

CHOC offers free weatherization services to all eligible customers (both homeowners and renters) in Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo counties. Weatherization may include: caulking, weatherstripping, faucet aerators, shower-heads, compact fluorescent lights, minor home repairs, microwaves, and refrigerator replacement.


Gross income for your household must not exceed the income guidelines below. Your home cannot have been treated under the program unless prior to 1999. The income qualifications in the chart below will be updated after May 2015.

ESAP update 6.8.16

How to Apply

If you are interested in applying for our Energy Savings Assistance Program, please go to our How To Work With CHOC Energy page and fill out the form.

CHOC will request proof of income, which may include: check stubs, bank statements, social security, or other documents. If you or a household member can provide
proof of participation in one of the following state or federal public assistance programs, additional income documentation is not required: Medi-Cal, food stamps, TANF, LIHEAP, National School Lunch Program, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only), and Healthy Families (Categories A and B).

Once we have determined that you are eligible, we will call you to set up an appointment. One of our energy specialists will then visit your home, and complete a pre-assessment to see what energy saving measures can be installed. We will then schedule a follow-up appointment to install these energy saving measures.